Waypoints: Ancient Mountain in Nopiming Provincial Park (must reach the end of the trail), Wood Falls in Manigotagan River Provincial Park, and Patricia Beach Provincial Park. Cyclists need all three waypoints, runners need two. Official start and finish is in Beausajour.
- This challenge is meant to be an adventure, it is not a race
- You must declare your ride or run at least two days prior to your attempt via an online form on the Operacion Muerto site
- You will need to agree to and accept the waiver stating that you are doing this under your own volition and that you understand the risks
- You can ride/run solo or as a group
- This is a self supported venture, no calling for help (“can you bring me a chain, I am at…”), you must get there under your own power and by your own devices. You can accept help from fellow cyclists and runners. You can purchase items along the way if you need them but you cannot phone family and friends to bring you things during the ride. You can cache water and other supplies along your route ahead of time (mostly applicable to the runners) but this must me done by you
- Respect the land and wildlife, pack out your garbage, and boil or treat water before drinking.
- This is to be a continuous ride/run and must be made in one attempt. There is no time limit but you cannot leave the course and continue it on another day
- You can only use gravel roads unless otherwise stated by the individual challenge
- You can use paved roads within 1.6 kms of entering and leaving any town you travel through, and within the town of course unless otherwise stated.
- You can use paved roads leading to a bridge (which can also be paved) but you must enter the paved road just before the bridge and exit immediately after
- You must document your ride or run and provide pictures and an essay of your adventure. This will be recorded on the Operacion Muerto site – this is after all also a talking organization. Your ride attempt will not count if you do not submit a minimum of 15 pictures and 200 words describing the entire ride or one part of the ride.
- Gravel road exceptions for challenge four, you are allowed to use paved roads on PR315 and PR 313 between Bird River and Lac du Bonnet, and on PR 304 north of 97N (Stead) and East of Overwater Road.